New Head-Fi Forum Stracture !

Would you like the suggested change ?

• Total voters
Dec 7, 2019 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xenoVa

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all

Head-fi is the biggest audio forum of the world, but the forum stracture is very poor. Categories such as "Full Sized Headphones" , " Portable Headphones and IEMs" are certainly not well defined enough.

There are many types of audio equipments, and the users of each type of equipment have different interests, needs and preferences. Establishing different sub-forums can make the discussions much more organized.

Categories of equipment forums should be like this:

Audio Gear

Open Back Headphones

Closed Back Headphones

Wireless Headphones: Bluetooth Headphones, many people only look for Blueooth headphones so this forum is a requirement.

Earphones: IEMs or earphones are a completely different world there must be an exclusive forum for them.

Speakers: Speakers also need a completely exclusive forum.

Source Gear:

Digital to Analog Converts (DAC):

Headphone Amplfiers:

Portable DAC/Amplifiers:
Products such as Chord Mojo, Fiio Q5

Digital Audio Players (DAP) :

Cables: Cables certainly need their exclusive forum

Speaker Gear: Speaker ampfliers and other speaker-exclusive gear.

Other Audio Products:
Headphone stands, cases etc. other audio products

Computer Audio

Sound Science:
^ The last two forums can stay the same as now

Summit-Fi

Summit-Fi Headphones

Summit-Fi Source Gears

I'll appreciate your feedback about the suggestion, thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 3
I have a suggestion if you don't mind?

Preamps?

How about adding speaker amps? I have three speaker amps dedicated for one headphone.

Turntables and phono cartridges can also be added to the sources. I guess phono preamps can also be added to the preamps section.

Tuners are also good sources.

Maintenance:
How often do you clean the connectors on your equipment and cables? are the connectors still tight?
If you have a tube equipment, do you clean the pins of the tubes? I do. Time consuming though.
What to use, how to use and buy cleaners.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 3
I have a suggestion if you don't mind?

Preamps?

How about adding speaker amps? I have three speaker amps dedicated for one headphone.

Turntables and phono cartridges can also be added to the sources. I guess phono preamps can also be added to the preamps section.

Tuners are also good sources.

Maintenance:
How often do you clean the connectors on your equipment and cables? are the connectors still tight?
If you have a tube equipment, do you clean the pins of the tubes? I do. Time consuming though.
What to use, how to use and buy cleaners.

Preamps can be discussed in amplifiers (too much categories wouldn't be good). I added a new forum called "Speaker Gear". Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back