New Fujifilm Material for roll up Loudspeakers and possibly Headphone diaphrams
Feb 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

complin

1000+ Head-Fier

You’ll Soon Be Able To Roll Up Your Home Stereo Like a Newspaper

Looking to expand its expertise outside imaging products, Fujifilm researchers have developed what's called an electroacoustic film—which is basically a fancy way of saying an ultra-flat speaker that's flexible enough to roll up and stash in your jacket pocket.

The film is made from a precise mixture of polymers and ceramics, and is actually able to reproduce the entire spectrum of sounds that are audible to humans, from 20Hz to 20kHz. Now the technology obviously makes for eye-catching tradeshow demos, but Fujifilm sees it being used alongside flexible OLED displays so that the roll-up computers of tomorrow sound as great as they look. But we'd just be happy with a kick-ass home stereo that doesn't break your back when it's time to move. [DigInfoTV]

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #2 of 3
you Sir,are a genius.
thanks for the clue,i hope that if this technology will really reveal itself as confirmed Hi-End audio new possibility, in the future we could see a whole new range of speaker.If you just think that in some years ahead we will be able to buy "rollable" tv's,well i can't see why it wont be possible to have a ultra portable set of speakers of hi fidelity.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #3 of 3
This could be really interesting. I remember a while back there was talk from Japan about "rollable" electronics. Could this be an emergence of mainstream consumer products en route?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back