New dock impressions?
May 8, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 3
Ken, did you get many folks giving you impressions of the different large caps in the various iMod docks? Anything you'd like to share with us? I haven't had the opportunity to listen to any VCap docks other than my own with the VHAudio OIMC Caps. But I gotta tell ya, I'm totally impressed by the level of quality I'm getting from the one I've got. I'm still very interested in what folks think when they compare iMod docks with the different caps, though. Ken, I'm still very interested in what you hear when you compare the different caps in iMod VCap docks.

May 8, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, did you get many folks giving you impressions of the different large caps in the various iMod docks? Anything you'd like to share with us? I haven't had the opportunity to listen to any VCap docks other than my own with the VHAudio OIMC Caps. But I gotta tell ya, I'm totally impressed by the level of quality I'm getting from the one I've got. I'm still very interested in what folks think when they compare iMod docks with the different caps, though. Ken, I'm still very interested in what you hear when you compare the different caps in iMod VCap docks.

Unfortunately one of the 3 large cap docks were damaged during shipping. So I did not want to have any Cap shoot outs. However we really had a great time using these through the New RWA Isabella that Vinnie had configured with a headphone stage. I have 2 new wood types being made now, one Purple Hart and the other a beautiful Sapele wood. I have decided to do a run using Jensen Copper Foil caps as I have found them best suited for this application and well they sounded wonderful. I will try and get some photos up as soon as I can.

thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back