New cables are not always the same as old cables.
Jul 24, 2001 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently purchased a couple of used sets of MIT Terminator 2 cables and was surprised to find out they were different than the new set I just purchased about a month ago from Audio Advisor. The old set is a much thinner cable and the "MIT box" that is their trademark is also much smaller. Also, the RCA connectors are smaller and not as sturdy as the new ones. I haven't heard them yet, but they probably won't sound the same as the new one. Just goes to show you if you do buy a used cable to match the cables you already have then make sure they are "exactly" the same cable. I also purchased a used MIT MI-330 Plus cable and I don't think it is the same as a new one. It is about the same thickness as the old MIT 2 cable, but has a huge MIT box. I'll try these out over the next couple of days to see if there is a difference.

Acid

Jul 24, 2001 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 2
There are many different versions of all the MIT cables. As they have upgraded them a lot over the years.

The MITerminator Series should not be confuse with the MITerminator 2000 Series which are different.

The current MI-330 Plus cable is the MI-330 Plus S3 , please note the S3 in the name, which means series three.
There are also 3 different version of the current cable :
MI-330 Plus S3 Low (10 to 47K ohms)
MI-330 Plus S3 Medium (47 to 100 ohms)
MI-330 Plus S3 High (100-200k ohms).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back