New CABLES and GEAR on ALO
Jun 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15
We have released a few new items at the ALO website.

AKG702-newsmall.jpg

AKG702 with the new ALO SXC Cryo 22awg micro cable

SXC-3wireRCA640.jpg

ALO SXC Cryo 18awg RCA IC (3 wire)

SXC-4wireRCA640.jpg

ALO SXC Cryo 18awg RCA IC (4 wire)

SXCm2m640.jpg

ALO SXC Cryo 22awg micro mini to mini cable

adapter640.jpg

A power supply for the Sony D25s CD players we sell that works anywhere in the world, has replaceable wall prongs.

littlesinger-front640.jpg

I have been testing these tube amps for the last 3 weeks and loved them so much I ordered a whole bunch, They push speakers and also have a headphone out which is surprisingly good!

Thanks
Ken @ ALO
L3000.gif

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 7, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by fradoca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi ken,
which are the differences between this new cable for
the akg k 702 and the one you are selling on your headphones
cables page?
In terms of sonic performance

thanks

cheers

The one currently on the headphone cables page is the same however the jacket is thicker on the one seen on the headphone cables page and 2 of the 4 wires are bare copper. Sonically they are quite similar.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #6 of 15
Is a HD800 cable in the works?

Jun 30, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 15
Nice, Ken! I definitely want to compare your HD800 cable to the ApureSound V3 balanced, as well as your K702 cable to a custom Locus Design Group cable.

I have Ken's ALO SXC Cryo 18awg RCA IC (4 wire) here (as well as the Amphora, on loan for the L.A. meet) and have been spending some time with it. It is very revealing and I think it would pair well with equipment that tends to be on the warm side. I like to have both silver and copper in my system, and I do. Since my system is fully balanced, it's hard for me to throw some RCAs in there without completely re-configuring my whole system. I will be trying them out on various gear at the L.A. Meet and will post impressions then.

The Amphora is also a very nice amp and what makes it especially cool is that it is so transportable, yet with much higher fidelity than any portable amp I've heard. It even sounds a little more detailed than the Opera I used to have. I think it would pair very well with a tube DAC. I understand why Vinnie decided it would be best with tubes in the Isabella. People with headphones like the K702 or D5000 would really appreciate the synergy. Workmanship is first rate all the way. It's a gorgeous looking amp and the mother of pearl inlay is a killer touch. If you're in the market for one of these, you better grab one fast before they are all gone. There's only 100 of them, and I've got lucky number 13 here. Hopefully it will go to a good home though.

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice, Ken! I definitely want to compare your HD800 cable to the ApureSound V3 balanced, as well as your K702 cable to a custom Locus Design Group cable.

I have Ken's ALO SXC Cryo 18awg RCA IC (4 wire) here (as well as the Amphora, on loan for the L.A. meet) and have been spending some time with it. It is very revealing and I think it would pair well with equipment that tends to be on the warm side. I like to have both silver and copper in my system, and I do. Since my system is fully balanced, it's hard for me to throw some RCAs in there without completely re-configuring my whole system. I will be trying them out on various gear at the L.A. Meet and will post impressions then.

The Amphora is also a very nice amp and what makes it especially cool is that it is so transportable, yet with much higher fidelity than any portable amp I've heard. It even sounds a little more detailed than the Opera I used to have. I think it would pair very well with a tube DAC. I understand why Vinnie decided it would be best with tubes in the Isabella. People with headphones like the K702 or D5000 would really appreciate the synergy. Workmanship is first rate all the way. It's a gorgeous looking amp and the mother of pearl inlay is a killer touch. If you're in the market for one of these, you better grab one fast before they are all gone. There's only 100 of them, and I've got lucky number 13 here. Hopefully it will go to a good home though.

IpodPJ,

Hope you guys have a good time at the meet and look forward to the impressions!

Ken

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #10 of 15
If anyone is in the need for a inexpensive Hybrid Tube amp that is a great headphone amp as well as being able to push speakers seriously consider one of these H-03A Little Singers HERE.

littlesinger-front640.jpg

Specifications: Maximum output:15W×2
Input Impedance: 100Kohm
Output Impedance:4ohm-16ohm
Signal to Noise Ratio: 90dB
Input Sensitivity: 500--2000mV
Total Hamonic Distortion: less than 1%(1KHz)
Frequeney responses: 20Hz--25KHz
Tubes: comes with 2 x 6F1p / but compatible with the more popular 6BL8, 6C16, ECF82, *6Φ1П
Supply Votage: all voltages are available 60Hz/50Hz
Size 9.4inches X 7.3inches X 5.7inches
Net Weight:3kg / 6.6 lbs

I am going to pick up some other tubes for mine, there are plenty of 6BL8 tubes on ebay.

Ken

Jul 4, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IpodPJ,

Hope you guys have a good time at the meet and look forward to the impressions!

Ken

Wish you could be there, Ken. There are still two vendor spots open if you change your mind.
bigsmile_face.gif

Now I can't be sure because it's on an angle, but from the looks of that amp/media player combo the words "PALY/PAUSE" are spelled wrong. (I'm an obsessive spell checker. LOL.)

Edit: Yep, I'm sure. Saw the bigger pic on your website. It's misspelled. But it looks like a great amp for the price. Audio-gd gear has lots of spelling mistakes but their gear is excellent.

BTW, I can give you more serious impressions if you send me a pair of your best XLR interconnects, since my system is balanced. I would also like to review your K702 cable, but the one I'd really like to hear is the HD800 cable.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #12 of 15
Testing out the new wire I designed... Its a very thin ribbon wire. So far very very promising. I am having the entire shipment cryo treated as we speak. These are some of the prototypes. A ultra small compact ipod/iPhone line out dock. It was like micro surgery as that ipod connector is super thin and cramped. This ipod/iPhone cable is crazy small, the ipod connector is tiny and does not poke out much at all. I am a little worried about how dainty it is. Ipod cables get beat to hell and have to be pretty robust. The cable sound very good though so I hope this little guy makes it to a final ok for production. I think the mini to mini is not going to be a problem. I have been wanting to make a ultra small, ultra flexible ribbon wire for a few years now, so I finally got around to drawing it up and having it made. My original idea was to use this for a really good IEM/earphone cable but am now finding that this wire is really good for a mini to mini and ipod cables. I want to also make a RCA cable using this stuff. I am also thinking of making a iMod version using some really small SMT film caps. So a ultra super compact LOD for a iMod and ipod/iPhone could be up next.

SXCmicro_ribbon.jpg

SXCmicro_ribbon2.jpg

SXCmicro_ribbon3.jpg

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #13 of 15
Looks good Ken, I hope it makes it to production. There is definitely a market for an ultra small good sounding LOD for the iphone / iPod.

It looks to be a good match with the Pico Slim.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks good Ken, I hope it makes it to production. There is definitely a market for an ultra small good sounding LOD for the iphone / iPod.

It looks to be a good match with the Pico Slim.

And a good match the the new ALO amp
wink.gif

Dual Li-ion 3.7V re chargeable batteries tons of power. 2.5 x .5 x 4.2 inches - extruded aluminum enclosure, Red, Black and Silver.

Amp Iso View.bmp

More details later....

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back