new cable for super fi 5 pro
Jan 19, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 10
there are third party upgrade cables for ue models. try to find a dealer that sells them. They are better than the UE stock cables in terms of SQ, well, most of them are.

My SF5 pro's cable's "J" plug dead once, and I bought a new one from a chinese vendor.

P.S. Recable them using Westone ES series cable, you'll get a VERY GOOD SQ according to a lot of Head-Fier's experience.

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #3 of 10
The Westone ES cable on my SF5 if I remember correctly, made my pair have clearer mid/highs, and although the bass was less, it seemed more accurate and clear.

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #4 of 10
i have the UE custom cable which is the same as the ES cable for sale

i used it for a day but while many say it boosts the SF5 SQ, it did not do the same for the triples.

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 10
if I were to upgrade to the UE custom cables for my super.fi 5 pros, will I have to mod em like the westone cables? (file down the prongs?)

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #9 of 10
SoundEarphones.com has em', UE 46" Replacement Cable $19.95 only in Blaack though White & Clear are out of stock. I'm not sure if you're looking for just a replacement, or for an upgrade. If it's the latter, Null Audio makes a nice one, also APS & Whiplash are coming out w/one soon as well. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back