New Budget DACs vs. Older "High End" DACs
Aug 1, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #61 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We can discuss the theory till we are blue in the face but the fact remains that there are equally adept manifestations of both types at the high end but current ladder types cannot beat delta sigma at any other price point but the very high end. Delta sigma cleans the ladders clock at all other price levels.

I would agree with you with regards to the detail of the sigma delta D to A conversion process. I only have to listen to the TC-7510 in order to notice how the implementation of a well executed SD design can bring to life that natural sound of analogue instruments and vocals.

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #62 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's all you want, natural sounding, detailed, musical sound. Most new equipment is emphasizing the detail side of the equation. The most important part is musicallity however. And the best old designs still have what it takes; detail and musicallity. It's the whole package, a new shiny chip doesn't guarantee better overall sound.

x2

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #63 of 63
Hey guys,
After around 6 yrs, does anyone of above posters have new experiences with current dacs vs 90s dacs?
I'm struggling between getting ifi idac2 or Panasonic sv3800.
I appreciate any new insight. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back