Needing new gaming headphones
Oct 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Swim

New Head-Fier
I currently use the Sennheiser HD598s but they do not seem to be totally up to par with my standards, when it comes it gaming. My past headphones (Siberia v2), were great and so was the directional pinpointing people, can't do that w/ the 598s (also I am currently using it with the SteelSeries soundcard)

The game is CSGO incase you were wondering-

So.. my options

I was thinking about getting the Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro, Beyerdynamic DT-770, AD700/x

(I will be getting the Asus xonar essence stx soon)

All suggestions are appreciated, some things I will be using it for is gaming (I need pinpoint accuracy), bass

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 4
  I currently use the Sennheiser HD598s but they do not seem to be totally up to par with my standards, when it comes it gaming. My past headphones (Siberia v2), were great and so was the directional pinpointing people, can't do that w/ the 598s (also I am currently using it with the SteelSeries sound card)
The game is CSGO incase you were wondering-
So.. my options
I was thinking about getting the Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro, Beyerdynamic DT-770, AD700/x
(I will be getting the Asus Xonar Essence STX soon)
All suggestions are appreciated, some things I will be using it for is gaming (I need pinpoint accuracy), bass

Usually headphones like the HD598 get positive feedback for FPS gaming.
Maybe get the sound card first, try it with the HD598, see if there is any improvement.

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 4
I was debating about getting the DT770 and match it up with my ZxR I was wondering how good they were when it comes down to just gaming and pinpoint accuracy (hearing enemies)

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 4
  I was debating about getting the DT770 and match it up with my ZxR I was wondering how good they were when it comes down to just gaming and pinpoint accuracy (hearing enemies)

Have you tried the DT770s with the SB-ZxR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back