need to pick out a card and headphones
Jul 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hazarada

New Head-Fier
So i've been eyeballing various sound cards/headphones for a while now and have found somebody selling creative xtrememusic for 30€. I figured it might be a good deal since audio equipment is generally overpriced here compared to US, for instance xonar dg goes for 23€, ds version is 38€ and x-fi titanium is 68€. If i go for the xtrememusic i might mod it too (swap out the power cap and opamps seems to be the trend) since fortunately these parts are rather cheap and im handy with a solder iron, can anybody comment on its worth whileness?

I also want to pick up new cans to replace my hd202's since they are really old (have had to resolder their insides quite a few times due to wires coming loose) and were low end to begin with. The options i have are
Shure SRH750DJ 100€ - i heard these got mean bass and decent in other areas too, i am a bit concerned about their comfortability tho since i've seen people mention they aren't the best in that area. I usually wear headphones 5+ hours a day.
Sennheiser HD555 116€ - seems like the most popular thing to get, i have heard tho that they severely lack bass
Grado  SR60i 100€ - Felt like i had to throw this into consideration since its in my price range and a recognizable brand.. don't know much about them other then that grados supposedly make rock sound good.
AKG K540 84€ - yea havent heard of these either

As for the other brands - they dont really exist around here, there is phillips, tritton, pioneer and logitech but i havent seen anybody recommend their products.

What i plan to do with them is mostly just listen to music and sometimes plug my guitar to the computer so ASIO capability is a factor, i do play games every now and then but not enough for it to be a priority. I mostly listen to metal/industrial/electronica/rock (tool, nin, 16v, ozzy, stp and such) if that makes a difference.

Oh and before i forget - will the soundcards headphone jack provide enough juice for these headphones or would i also have to invest in an amp? These are in real short supply here so i probably would have to build it myself if i wanna keep the price from going silly.

Coming off alc888 im sure any of these options will be a great improvement but i figured i might as well make sure its the best improvement i can affort :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back