Need some help
Sep 23, 2002 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Cazzzidy

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I just found this forum. Looks like a great spot for audiophiles like ourselves. Anyhow, I am going to college soon and will have to leave my awesome car and home stereo systems behind.
frown.gif

But I will still need some ultra H-Fi tunes to keep me going! I am planning on buying a Crative Labs Nomad 3 MP3 player, and I need some very high quality head phones too.

I have a $200 or less budget, and am looking for something that has great tonal quality and KICKIN bass. I listen to mostly hip hop and reggae, so I want something that can really pound. (keep in mind I am used to two 12" Kicker L7 woofers powered by a 1500W MTX amp in my ride)

Also, I have heard that the Nomad 3 has a pretty bad phones output, so should I buy a headphones amp w/ EQ or something?

I was looking at the Sennheiser 580s, they seem pretty good for me. ???

Thanks in advance for your replies, Cassidy

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2002 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 2
HI: I think that you will find that the 580s need a headphone amp for portable use and a good one at that. But if you got the koss portapro you whont need a amp but of course any amp makes any can sound better. The koss portapro are know for their great bass and overall sound all for 20.00 with discount from headroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back