Need New Sealed Cans
Dec 18, 2008 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

likeYKK

New Head-Fier
I was given the Bose Quitecomfort 2's last Christmas, but unfortunately lost them at an airport a few weeks ago. Now I need a new pair that conform to a few of my needs:

Great sound isolation
Little to no leakage
Can be used independent of an amp
Can be had for <350$

I should add that I primarily listen to hip-hop, so if that plays into the decision, there you go. I have been looking at the Denon AH-D2000 but I have been reading that it really recommended to use an amp with it, which is something I don't want to do. Also, I was wondering what kind of isolation I can expect to achieve with cans like the AH-D2000 vs. the Quitecomfort 2's. Thanks guys.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by likeYKK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was given the Bose Quitecomfort 2's last Christmas, but unfortunately lost them at an airport a few weeks ago. Now I need a new pair that conform to a few of my needs:

Great sound isolation
Little to no leakage
Can be used independent of an amp
Can be had for <350$

I should add that I primarily listen to hip-hop, so if that plays into the decision, there you go. I have been looking at the Denon AH-D2000 but I have been reading that it really recommended to use an amp with it, which is something I don't want to do. Also, I was wondering what kind of isolation I can expect to achieve with cans like the AH-D2000 vs. the Quitecomfort 2's. Thanks guys.

If you want true active noise canceling, as the QC2s had then look to Senn.

Sennheiser PXC 350 @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

The model up, the 450, is based on the driver set of the HD555, which is a great open can. If you can afford them, go for the 450.

NK

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 5
I would be willing to sacrifice some isolation quality if it means a huge jump in sound quality, which is why I have been seriously considering regular sealed HP's without the active noise canceling.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 5
for you budget I think esw9's would be great. Little to no leakage, portable, have wood cups, and sound really good but if active noise canceling is a must then I guess senn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back