Need new headphones
Oct 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kjthoward

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently own a pair of sennheiser PX360's, however the sound is starting to go in one ear (I've had for quite a while and I have a habit of chewing/playing with the cable...). So far I think I have narrowed my choices down to either:
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
Audio Technica ATH-M40X 
Logitech UE 6000

I have a budget of around £100, but am willing to go up a little (if it's worth it). I mostly use my headphones for listening to music (mainly rock/metal), watching tv shows, playing video games, practising drums and guitar. I can often spend 8 or more hours a day with my headphones on so comfort is a high priority, also I like the idea of detachable cables as I have a habit of chewing them...

What would you recommend out of those, or are there another pair of headphones that are better suited for my purpose?

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 2
Try them out. People are build differently some find one headphone comfortable and others don't. 

My friend do say the M50X hurts his head after a while as they clamp with quite some force. 

Personally over ears or on ears makes my ears hot and a bit sweaty (and this is in Canada in winter where it's cold and dry). So I find IEMs more comfortable but only when they fit correctly.

Buying used on this forum can extend your money so something to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back