Need help with soundcard situation
Jul 27, 2001 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sackley

Audiophile can you spare a dime?
All right, here's my problem. I originally had a SB Live! Value which was fine for driving my BA Digital 7500's, but in order to prepare for the coming of my headphone amp (Thinking of the MGHead DT paired with the HD 600's and SR 225's), I bought an M-Audio Delta Dio 2496. I still want to use my SB for the speakers but have the Dio be the source for my speakers and listen to audio on my computer from it until I get a real CD player. Can you get both sound cards running at the same time and how? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jul 27, 2001 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 6
I was also planning on getting a better SC than my Santa cruz for music, but keepin it around for games and such.....so bump for an answer.

Jul 27, 2001 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 6
Well, I talked to sackley about this, and I have two soundcards, but they won't run at the same time. I can switch between them within windows and not have to restart, but can't get sound to come out both at the same time... from what I know, it's impossible. I'd like to be wrong though, so someone give us a way!

EDIT:

Lol, if 3dfx (RIP) made soundcards... "We get twice the processing power by taking five year old technology and placing it in SLI! Only $500!"... sorry, I doubt anyone got that, but I think it's funny
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2001 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Flumpus said...

Well, I talked to sackley about this, and I have two soundcards, but they won't run at the same time. I can switch between them within windows and not have to restart, but can't get sound to come out both at the same time... from what I know, it's impossible. I'd like to be wrong though, so someone give us a way!

So my first question is why would you want the sound going to both cards at once? Do you have an extra set of ears, so you can actually hear the distinct sounds from each card?
confused.gif
But yeah, I don't think there's any way to do it.

Quote:

Lol, if 3dfx (RIP) made soundcards... "We get twice the processing power by taking five year old technology and placing it in SLI! Only $500!"... sorry, I doubt anyone got that, but I think it's funny

That would be one horrid soundcard combo! Can you imagine the timing issues w/ getting the sound to mesh, given that the cards would have to take turns?
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back