Need Help Please
Nov 20, 2002 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

stevesolo

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to buy a pair of headphones that will serve a dual purpose. The first to use with my radio communication equipment where I am not only listening to the receive but also monitoring my own audio transmissions. For this application I need isolation, a closed headphone to reduce the the potential for feedback and low imediance. I also would like to use the same headphones to listen to music on a portable CD player.
I am considering the Sony 7506's, Sony VDR 700 DJ's, Beyerdynamics DT-250-80 and the Sennheisers 280's. Will a portable CD player drive suffiently the Beyer DT 250-80's at 80 ohms and the Sennheiser 280's at 64 ohms? I am also looking for comfort.
I tried the Sony 700's at 24 ohms, good isolation and sound ok a little bassy, but they are not very comfortable. Which is my best bet here? Are the Sony 7506's more comfortable than the 700's?
From reading previous posts, its seems the best of the lot would be the DT-250's, but how will they sound driven by a portable CD player? and how well do they isolate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back