Need help getting ASIO to work for myself and a friend
Jan 3, 2005 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MD1032

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm running my usual AV-710 with Kernel Streaming, 24-bit padded to 32-bit, resampled to 96 khz, going out the high quality output jack. Well I suppose the above is kind of irrelevant considering I can't even get the thing to work so far. The instructions are useless. I looked in stephanovich's review and it mentions a %systemroot% folder which doesn't even exist anywhere on my computer. Basically, I am completely stuck. I ran the installer, and it didn't show up as an output in foobar2000 (my friend and I are both using 0.8.3_special).

Also my friend has an EMU 0404 (which I convinced him to get, he loves it, uses it as a source for his Klipsch Heresys), so I'll need help setting him up too.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure the answer is starting me in the face and I just can't see the obvious, as usual.

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 9
Check out the setup guide linked in my sig for help with the AV-710. Also, the EMU should not require anything more than simply installing the drivers on the CD that comes with the card (and rebooting) and then installing ASIO output for Foobar2000 to get it working.

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Check out the setup guide linked in my sig for help with the AV-710. Also, the EMU should not require anything more than simply installing the drivers on the CD that comes with the card (and rebooting) and then installing ASIO output for Foobar2000 to get it working.

How do you install ASIO support for foobar?

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 9
Download this file and install the appropriate version* in your Program Files\Foobar2000\Components folder.

*bin\SSE3 for the latest Pentium 4's, bin\SSE2 for older Pentium 4's and Athlon64, bin\SSE for Pentium III and AthlonXP, and bin\normal for everything else

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 9
See below for how to set up ASIO in foobar.
Quote:

Originally Posted by IstariAsuka from a different thread
You can download the ASIO plugin from my server
here. Unzip it, go into /bin, then into: normal (Older/Thunderbird), SSE (P3/AthlonXP), SSE2 (P4/Athlon64), or SSE3 (Prescott), take that file, and drop it into your Foobar2000/components directory.

Then, start up foobar, go into preferences->playback, and select ASIO (dll version) as your output. Then, go to its settings [preferences->playback->ASIO (dll version)], and select your device. Then save your settings, close foobar (for good measure), restart foobar, and try it out.

Also, for the 0404, make sure he has an ASIO patch in Patchmix.

Jan 3, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 9
OK, I tried putting all different types of the ASIO dll in the foobar components folder and it still does not work. KS still works. I just selected ASIO as output but when I press play it plays, but nothing comes out. Well maybe it's not outputting into the high quality jack for some reason. In any case, how can I get this thing running? Sheesh, this can't just work can it? Tried resampling into 48 khz, instead of 96. Didn't work.

Jan 4, 2005 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 9
KS is just fine for the AV-710. The chaintech doesn't have full asio support and I didn't manage to get asio2.2 to work myself. Try the 1.8 older version if you really want it but asio will actually output as kernel streaming with the av-710 so I wouldn't use it with this card.

Jan 4, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #9 of 9
OK, that's just fine. I can at least have my friend use it on his 0404.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back