Need help finding moderately priced canal-phones for X-Mas gift
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
OK, so my nephew wants some canal-phones for X-Mas. He's currently using his father's (eew!!
eek.gif
) Bose (
eek.gif
eek.gif
) canal-phones, and wants his own pair of something.

He uses them without amplification (I know...I've tried), straight out of his iPod. I'd like to spend a reasonable amount of money (say $30 or so) and get something decent. I know absolutely nothing about these things (I know, use the search engine
rolleyes.gif
), as I don't use them at all and therefore don't read up on them. I also don't have ANY free time this time of year to research this at all. I was really hoping I could impose on my fellow Head-Fi'ers to make a high-value recommendation for me.

Thanks very much in advance.

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 4
There's the JBuds J2s at Amazon.com (BOGO Free offer as well, see the "I took the plunge!" thread on these for details). These are $25, or $12.50 with the BOGO free offer. They have 12 different color combinations.

If you want to go a bit higher, consider the Nuforce NE-7M or Nuforce NE-8 for $50-$60 (Also on Amazon.com). The NuForce NE-7M has had a great review from HeadphoneAddict claiming similar (not quite on par but close) quality to the Klipsch Image X10s (A $350 IEM). The Nuforce NE-8 is supposed to sound better, but hasn't been reviewed by anyone yet because it was just released.

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back