Need help find new headphones for vocals[upgrade from ATH-M35][sidegrade from DTT770]
Dec 20, 2014 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

inifist

New Head-Fier
I own a Audio Technica ath-m35 and a Beyerdynamic DTT770 Pro.
My DTT770s do a great job with electronic music and bass with their sort of V shaped sound,
but I feel that with vocals, it doesn't have the smooth, warm sound that my ath-m35s have.
But even though the ath-35s sound better to me in that respect, i can hear how the 770s have a higher-quality sound
overall (sharper, less muddy i guess) that makes me want to upgrade my "vocal headphones."

After some research, I'm looking at either the HD598, ATH-50x, ATH-AD900x, or something else around $200.
Just wondering if anyone has tried the m35s and/or the others and can give me their opinion.
Thanks.

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 4
  I own a Audio Technica ath-m35 and a Beyerdynamic DTT770 Pro.
My DTT770s do a great job with electronic music and bass with their sort of V shaped sound,
but I feel that with vocals, it doesn't have the smooth, warm sound that my ath-m35s have.
But even though the ath-35s sound better to me in that respect, i can hear how the 770s have a higher-quality sound
overall (sharper, less muddy i guess) that makes me want to upgrade my "vocal headphones."

After some research, I'm looking at either the HD598, ATH-50x, ATH-AD900x, or something else around $200.
Just wondering if anyone has tried the m35s and/or the others and can give me their opinion.
Thanks.

Hi,

Both AD900x and HD598 should do the trick. (Both are open and do not provide any isolation)

If you need some isolation you might be interested in Sony MDR-1R and its newer siblings.

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back