Need help choosing a Switcher for 4x Amp & DAC's combo's and 2x Sources
Apr 16, 2024 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chrisyak

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I own 4 headphone amps with 4 DACs and would like to easily switch between them without constantly moving cables. My goal is to compare Amps/DACs, headphones, and switch amps for regular listening.

Ideally, I'd connect the switcher to one or two sources ( PC & Smartphone).

I googled very hard but to be honest I am unsure of a device that does this. So I did not have the most educated experience on what to search for which led me to a few products which may totally be wrong. I seen speaker switchers which I do not believe would work. I seen some lin switchers that look like their controlled by RCA. I also seen some switchers that use XLR.

I assume that there's probably a few factors into using an amp switcher that I potentially left out. So I thought I would come to the experts. Google is not an expert in audio equipment.

Here are a few devices I've found that might work but some of them don't seem to have enough connection s except for the Luxman.

• Luxman AS-44: High-quality selector
  • Schiit SYS: Simple 2-input passive preamp :r
  • Kramer VS-4X: Pro-grade XLR switcher
Thanks in advance for your help!

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 6
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 6
Try this beast https://www.orb.co.jp/audio/products/lsrwspr.html
5 stereo in <> 5 stereo out.

They even make an
Hi Everyone,

I own 4 headphone amps with 4 DACs and would like to easily switch between them without constantly moving cables. My goal is to compare Amps/DACs, headphones, and switch amps for regular listening.

Ideally, I'd connect the switcher to one or two sources ( PC & Smartphone).

I googled very hard but to be honest I am unsure of a device that does this. So I did not have the most educated experience on what to search for which led me to a few products which may totally be wrong. I seen speaker switchers which I do not believe would work. I seen some lin switchers that look like their controlled by RCA. I also seen some switchers that use XLR.

I assume that there's probably a few factors into using an amp switcher that I potentially left out. So I thought I would come to the experts. Google is not an expert in audio equipment.

Here are a few devices I've found that might work but some of them don't seem to have enough connection s except for the Luxman.

• Luxman AS-44: High-quality selector
  • Schiit SYS: Simple 2-input passive preamp :r
  • Kramer VS-4X: Pro-grade XLR switcher
Thanks in advance for your help!

This looks like it would work.

I'm not sure why it is so hard to find some equipment for this. It's not like I'm doing anything special. I mean who doesn't connect for amplifiers and decks to One Source?......lol......

I know they don't have to be pretty but would be nice for some proper switches or something or give me a vue meter. If I even knew remotely how to do a DYI project for this, I would build myself the best looking switcher ever. Some of the ones I have seen I'd be scared to plug in my $8,000 worth of amps into never mind the dacs. I guess if this is what I'm going to be putting into that component I better not cheap out here and be looking at some Amazon $100 specials that have no protection in them. I know some have some voltage cut offs and also for stopping any noise interference from taking place.

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 6
Someone somewhere measured this 3x3 as transparent and i've been using it for a while now and it works very well. https://a.co/d/9zjjPXg it doesn't solve your issue, but it gets you part way there and it's only $100

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 6
This looks like it would work.

I'm not sure why it is so hard to find some equipment for this. It's not like I'm doing anything special. I mean who doesn't connect for amplifiers and decks to One Source?......lol......

I know they don't have to be pretty but would be nice for some proper switches or something or give me a vue meter. If I even knew remotely how to do a DYI project for this, I would build myself the best looking switcher ever. Some of the ones I have seen I'd be scared to plug in my $8,000 worth of amps into never mind the dacs. I guess if this is what I'm going to be putting into that component I better not cheap out here and be looking at some Amazon $100 specials that have no protection in them. I know some have some voltage cut offs and also for stopping any noise interference from taking place.
https://goldpt.com/sw4.html
https://www.manley.com/hifi/msj

There are expensive "HiFi" switches out there, if that is what you are looking for.

I'm very happy with my Dynavox AUX-S Pro, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back