Need help and advice purchasing a new pair of IEM
Jul 10, 2014 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kamackeris

New Head-Fier
Hi.

I am a passionate music lover but in no way an audiophile. My shure e2c's are on their way out and I am after a replacement set. My music tastes are mainly hip-hop, electronic music and bands like radiohead, arcade fire, lcd soundsytem etc. I have been looking at the westone 4r and the shure 535 but need advice as to what I should get. My budget is up to £300 or whatever that is in dollars these days.... Thanks in advance

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 6
Hmm, music tastes doesn't tell all. Do you like to have more bass or trebles? A fine neutral or V-shape response? A bit more info would be nice!

As for the choices you gave, I would go for the Westone 4. :)

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 6
You know what I really don't know. I am not an audiophile but I know my music never sounded better with my last shure headphones but these are 7 years old now and on way out. I like hip hop and electronic music so Yeh I want to feel the bass but I just want the music to sound like the artist intended not with the bass boosted... I am not a bass freak but I don't want it to be dull

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #4 of 6
You know what I really don't know. I am not an audiophile but I know my music never sounded better with my last shure headphones but these are 7 years old now and on way out. I like hip hop and electronic music so Yeh I want to feel the bass but I just want the music to sound like the artist intended not with the bass boosted... I am not a bass freak but I don't want it to be dull

I've never been too impressed with the se535 ltd. And the bass was a bit lacking. The fit was also a bit weird(compared to the rest of their series)
I heard great things about the westones though.

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Feel the bass huh, Westone it is then. The SE535 was never good at sub bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back