Need earphones/IEM for new ipod shuffle
Mar 24, 2008 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

samanthas

New Head-Fier
The stock Apple ones are uncomfortable. I thought they sounded good until I used the shuffle with my Senns HD485.
tongue.gif

Anyway I need some recs... I saw the Shure E2C's at amazon for about $65 (Not sure how I feel about putting phones up my ear like that though). I need something that is good at isolating. I will be using the shuffle on buses, trains, in taxis, stores, walking, waiting rooms, basically anywhere but home (except for maybe bed). I just want something that I can use because I can't use my Senns 485 without looking like an idiot or annoying people (sound leak). Comfort is very important... like I said the Apple earphones seem to hurt my ears (especially my right ear). I also think I'd be very sensitive to very high/bright sounding phones.

Thanks.

Mar 24, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #2 of 9
I'll recommend the Super.fi 3's. They have decent bass, good isolation, and of course really good bang for buck.

Mar 24, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #3 of 9
I was actually JUST looking at these on amazon. $69 for black, $99 for clear (!), and $88 (!) for white. It the only difference the color? That's kind of weird. I would want the black anyway though because white just screams iPod.

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 9
How are the Westone UM1's compared to the Super.fi 3's? In terms of comfort and sound quality. Which be more isolating or better for sleeping with? Which has the higher/brighter highs because I'd like to cross those off my list. Sorry for all questions! This is just confusing.

I forgot to mention my music taste. Well basically some CDs I own are Everclear, MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Elton John, John Lennon, Green Day, Savage Garden, Michael Jackson, Jason Mraz, Bryan Adams. A few Soundtracks and Live music too.

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 9
In terms of comfort, UM1 would be superior. The UM1 would also be much better for sleeping with. I can't speak for the sound quality, though.

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 9
Well I don't have experience with the UM1's, but I read they have a warm sound sig and laid back mids and highs. The SF3's have fairly forward mids and they are fairly good for rock, IMO. BTW, I love them for live and acoustic specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back