need a recommendation for a new pair of phones
Oct 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nsolarz

New Head-Fier
So here's my dilemma: Im getting tired of having my headphones fail on me year after year. i'm very much a "one and done" kind of buyer, so im looking for something thats going to last a while. My typical usage is around campus hooked into a mobile player (not really looking for anything needing an amp at this time). Priority wise i'd rank it durability >comfort > audio quality, however none of these should be lacking. Style wise, I dont mind in-ear, but around-ear would be preferred. Priced hopefully less than 250, but I could swing 300 if it was worth it. thanks in advance for the input.

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 6
Well if you don't mind supraural the hd25-1 ii is probably your best best. Apparently they are indestructible and are pretty comfy but hold on your head well so they aren't loose when you walk around, the sound quality is one of the best out there for portables and they are only 200 bucks. Good luck with your search

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #6 of 6
I will recommend few IEMs like Sennheiser IE8, TF10Pro, FX700, SM3 V2, W3 and they sound like fullsize headphones without tight seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back