Need a closed back, easy to drive headphone in the $150 range
Mar 2, 2014 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gamefreak054

100+ Head-Fier
So I am basically looking at headphones for my little brother. He currently is using the modded woody SR60is I made. Which imo can compete in the $300 range of headphones. The problem is that he can not take those to school and it is annoying for car rides because my dad plays his own music (which leaks pretty well into headphones). Anyways way he brought up that he was looking at the AKG K550s, because they were in an affordable range for him. I was all for that, but after reading inner fidelity retiring them due to the UE6000 I became a little worried (in which I have heard). The UE6000 are not bad headphones, but I only find them good for the price. I am looking for a good decent headphone, not just one that is good for the price range. My brother is pretty open to anything sound signature wise as long as they are not bass cannons or not too dry sounding. His source is a Ibasso DX50.

Music preferences are Metal (death metal, grind metal, folk metal, and a touch of deathcore), and some hard rock.

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 4
I wouldn't worry about the WOF as that subcategory changes more often than any other. Consider ZMF (http://www.zmfheadphones.com), though it might be too expensive for him.

DT770-80 could work.

Maybe M80 if he's willing to go on ear. I read somewhere that changing the pads makes it basically over ear but I haven't looked closely at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back