NAD D1050 DAC and headphone amplifier
Apr 15, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #121 of 123
Is this DAC still worth it to buy in 2024? Seems the SINAD specifications of the new Topping/SMSL amps are much better. However, this has a lot of inputs and outputs which is very rare on many of these new DACs.

Apr 15, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #122 of 123
Я на 100% уверен, что современные усилители. и включая то, что вы привели в качестве примера. И по параметрам и по чипам лучше. Но справедливости ради. D1050 был хорош и как ЦАП по базовым параметрам, и как усилитель для наушников (не хайфайщиков конечно)

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #123 of 123
Is this DAC still worth it to buy in 2024? Seems the SINAD specifications of the new Topping/SMSL amps are much better. However, this has a lot of inputs and outputs which is very rare on many of these new DACs.

I listened to the D1050 with headphones (FLC 8n) for years and was very happy. Eventually I moved to speakers when I got a new desk and replaced my D1050 with a AO200. BUT eventually hooked the D1050 back up to feed the amps in the AO200 because there was a noticeable SQ difference. Like all high end NAD, the D1050 has a great sound that is never harsh IMO... my only SQ criticism after years of use was the bass being a little muddy - less controlled and defined than other DACs I had tried. The other criticism would be the touch buttons that are annoying for my use, and the display on the front that fades away for your most used input/bitrate. I've seen them as low as $100 on ebay and they are probably untouchable for that price.

My new setup for the last few months is a Topping D70pro Sabre --> LA90 Discrete. I can't imagine being happier, but the gains over the D1050 were minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back