MZ-E620
Sep 6, 2008 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

babya

100+ Head-Fier
Sony MZ-E620 Review
Price:$33 at Cash Converters

Contents as provided :MZ-E620,RM-MC33EL remote,NH-14WM gumstick battery,AA battery case
Not included with the purchase:charging cradle,instruction manual
Overview:
MZ-E620 is a Japanese model MD player.

Despite it being a Japan model, it was purchased in Australia, and the remote has a English display.

Design:
Very stylish, with a slim profile and buttonless top-controls are on the bottom. Jacks include a remote/headphone and contacts for the AA battery case.

Features:
A digital amplifier is used to produce nice sound from MD discs, as is a 6 band EQ with presets-heavy,pops,jazz and 2 custom EQ settings.

The RM-MC33EL remote has a backlight, volume control via a jog dial and buttons for playmode, folder +/-,display,stop and a slide switch for playback/enter (press down for the latter)

Sound quality:
MZ-E620’s sound quality is quite impressive-distortion free sound is produced, I made a recording with my other MD-the R700 from my Sony stereo and it sounds clear and vibrant on the E620.

Manuals:
The PDF manual from Sony’s Japan site was all in Japanese: I had a bit trouble setting various options, even though I know and can understand Japanese.

Other:
The supplied remote can be used with some other models-I used it with my R700 as a simple playback remote and with the D-EJ761.

There’s a clip on the back of the remote that can be taken off easily.

Overall:
The MZ-E620 is a interesting MD player that never seemed to be sold outside of Japan-it’s worth tracking down, as it’s a very nice player-only MD Walkman.

Photo:
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9734/img0015wb5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back