My system is complete...if i'm lucky.
Aug 12, 2003 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sephka

100+ Head-Fier
Well, now that the system is "complete," (that's never truly the case, is it) I can make my own remarks. Yes, the 963SA is bright. Combined with the MG head (rolled NOS tubes from old owner,) and the HD600, well...perhaps I could have made a better matching decision. To me, the soundstage is great, they're quite fast, and the "veil" doesn't bother me so much either. I have two complaints, though. The bass can range from natural (good,) to "anemic," which is bad. Perhaps I’m a basshead, but it seems that on tracks with less emphasis on the low-end, that the bass is quite far in the background. The other complaint is the high treble, such as cymbals, seem to stand out too much. Hopefully I’ll be able to fix this with some new cables. I ordered a pair of Outlaw PCA cables, coming Thursday, I think I’ll report on them then. Is a clou blue upgrade in order? Keep in mind, I’ve never upgraded the cables in a headphone before.

Aug 13, 2003 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 4
A system is never complete for more than a year.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 15, 2003 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 4
Well, everything is put together. I didn't do much critical listening until i got the Outlaw cables, but i can say they've definitely improved bass and clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back