My Notebook compatability with Ipod
Jan 24, 2003 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kajohndet

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm planning on getting an Ipod, but I still wonder if my notebook will work with it correctly (port and stuff) It's HP Pavilion zt1130 and you can find spec here. MY HP Pavilion zt1130

It obviously does not have firewire port, so I think I have to use PCMCIA firewire adater card. But I'm not sure if the socket on the side of my notebook will support it. Also, I'd like to know if this adapter card will work.PCMCIA firewire adapter card

Any help and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
John

Jan 24, 2003 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Here is some very non-technical information about PCMCIA and Cardbus that should help you to figure this out yourself...your spec link didn't work and I couldn't find details on this notebook model.

http://www.proxim.com/products/all/h...is_cardbus.pdf

What you really need to determine is what type of card interface your notebook supports (your notebook manual should tell you this info) - either PCMCIA or cardbus. See the pdf link for details.

The pdf tells you how to inspect your notebook via Device Manager to determine the interface type supported too. Your operating system will also have to this card too.

Good Luck!

Jan 24, 2003 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 4
or consider getting a Nomad Zen with USB 2.0 and 20gb for $300... it's just a little bigger than iPod but you get more storage for the price. your notebook surely has USB on it and you'd save $ from having to get the extra card. The Zen is also upgradable to a bigger hard drive if you fill her up. iPod is nice too. I have both, if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back