"My Music" folder on my computer
Feb 12, 2006 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

downingp

500+ Head-Fier
I will try to explain my problem to the best of my ability; hopefully someone will be able to pinpoint the problem. A while back a member here on headfi showed how he likes to display his music on his computer in his My music folder. He displays the album artwork on the outside of the folder where the album is located by selecting thumbnails in the "view" settings. Anyway, I have been setting my music up to display the artwork on the folders. It looks really nice however, when I get alot of artwork in the My Music folder the correct album artwork is not always shown. For example, I will have a dave matthews band folder, with the correct artwork saved in that folder, but I will get a completely different artwork shown on the outside. Even if I change it to the correct artwork, as soon as I exit and open the folder again, it changes it back to the wrong artwork.

I hope this makes sense, it is really annoying trying to change all the artwork, just having it go all to waste as soon as I exit out of the folder.

Please help if you can. If you need further explanation, I will try to explain better.

Feb 12, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 2
Turn on the ability to view system files, delete the hidden system files that are incorrect album art pictures. Stop using windows folder properties to 'assign' folder art. Instead just stick the album art picture into the directory and name it folder.jpg (or the directory/album name). MediaMonkey automatically downloads tags as well as these pictures for you. I just use folder.jpg, and the album art gets picked up fine by Windows Media Player, Media Center, foobar, media monkey, etc. And do NOT have any windows media player automatically download media information from the internet...not even 'missing' info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back