My listening chair (!?!)
Nov 6, 2020 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

6Channel

100+ Head-Fier
I schlepped a fine tall-backed, gaming chair I can comfortably sink back in for listening. Got a long, tangly cord from my cans plugged into a portable amp sliding around on a table, got a 30" tangly cord between the amp & my LG V30 so's I can tune in FM and I'm slouched way back in the chair with left hand on the amp volume and the LG in my right. Everything seems to be at an awkward angle & keeps wrapping around my knees or sliding out of grip. I dream of it all fixed in place on my lap somehow, like being zip-tied to a pillow tray that I can rest my hands on whilst fiddling with music selection & volume at the same time. It this too dumb to complain about, or has someone come up with a really good arrangement?

Nov 20, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 4
I schlepped a fine tall-backed, gaming chair I can comfortably sink back in for listening. Got a long, tangly cord from my cans plugged into a portable amp sliding around on a table, got a 30" tangly cord between the amp & my LG V30 so's I can tune in FM and I'm slouched way back in the chair with left hand on the amp volume and the LG in my right. Everything seems to be at an awkward angle & keeps wrapping around my knees or sliding out of grip. I dream of it all fixed in place on my lap somehow, like being zip-tied to a pillow tray that I can rest my hands on whilst fiddling with music selection & volume at the same time. It this too dumb to complain about, or has someone come up with a really good arrangement?
This is a good question that doesn't get talked about enough imo. You could always put some kind of 3M velcro hook on the side of your table which would feed/guide the headphone cable so it's not tangled around your feet.

Nov 20, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for responding. I'm currently fiddling with a very lightweight chunk of polyethylene foam to form a "lap table" to mount everything to, whereby I can (hopefully) just grab the package sitting by my chair & saddle it across my legs with controls at my fingertips. I posted this because I wondered if more folks had already slain this little dragon or had an idea for a simple solution. You're right: I'll be 3M'ing a bunch of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back