My First CIEM 1964 V6 or V6S?
Dec 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cyclingmedic

New Head-Fier
I am new to the thread but looking for some help. I am looking at getting my first pair of CIEM and hopefully my only pair for a while. I am not really an audiophile and most of the discriptions of music on here are lost in me so gonna state my case and see what u recommend. I am currently using Bose in ear headphones. All my music comes from my MacBook, my iPod mini, or my iPhone. I mainly listen to Pop, edm, house, and classical vocal music. Usually I am listening on my commute to work on the subway or while walking the streets.

I have always been turned off for some reason by active noise canceling headphones and think that CIEMs are gonna give me the quality and relative quiet I am looking for. I also am a bit of a gadget geek so am excited.

I have mainly been looking at 1964 Ears V6. From what I have been reading for my listening venues I may want the V6S or V8s for their bass but I am also concerned because I am not a bass head at all and if the bass is too strong I am not going to like it. The V6 are definitely the best on my pocket and I am thinking since I am new to all of this I may not even be able to tell much of a different between the V6 and V8. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there are any aspects I am missing or if I should save my money and forget it as it isn't worth it to begin with considering my sources.

Dec 14, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 3
I suspect very few people outside of 1964Ears have directly compared all 3 models. Have you read this review? ljokerl has listened to FAR more CIEMs than anyone else I know:
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/1964ears-v6-stage/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back