My darkest desires soon to be fullfilled
Nov 27, 2002 at 4:10 AM Post #992 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
You should check out Blo.Torch , there are like a prog version of At The gates with extremely long songs, each song feels like a mini album.

Here is a full song, everyone should check this out!

http://www.enet.ru/kn/charon/mp3/Blo...anish_Sun1.MP3

Thanks KR.....

And thanks Tim for that one more post on the way to 1,000.
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 10:50 AM Post #993 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
if this thread gets to 1000 posts, im gonna puke!

...Deathrock, Batcave, Goth, Darkwave, Glam Rock, Post Punk, Jazz, Classical...
evil_smiley.gif
Where does this come from???
wink.gif

You're definitely on your way to puke... Hold it till no. 1000 post and then let go...
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

...Unless you decide to behave yourself and give the 1000-post Honor to DarkAngel
biggrin.gif

Triple-WOW... Just bought "Dawn of Dream" the first album of Pan-Thy-Monium a Swedish group, now disbanded, formed as one of the side projects of Dan Swano, the vocalist of Edge of Sanity and drums/back vocals on Bloodbath. Their other album in this double disk package - Khaooohs - is also good but but not as this one which is REALLY First Class
smily_headphones1.gif
The two disk pack is well worth the money IMO...

Links with reviews about their other albums:-
http://www.bnrmetal.com/
www.chedsey.com/list/pan-thy.htm
http://www.redstream.org/html/recordDetail.php?ID=4127 - a place to order it online - not the one I got it from...

Nov 27, 2002 at 11:05 AM Post #994 of 1,001
Cool, but Dan "the Man" Swano plays drums for Bloodbath, Mike Akerfeldt (Opeth) does the vocals. Dan also produced most of Opeth's albums or the last three anyway.

X-Maz comes early :

IRON MAIDEN - Eddie's Archive

Strictly limited edition embossed metal casket celebrating over 20 years of IRON MAIDEN, containing;

· 3 Double CD’s (6 total!); 4 CD’s live CD’s – “BBC archives” and “Beast Over Hammersmith”, featuring over 46 rare and previously unreleased tracks. And 2 CD’s “Best of the B ’Sides” with classics B-Sides previously un-available as one collection!
· Unique Eddie CRYSTAL SHOT GLASS by Alchemy
· Individually numbered IRON MAIDEN family tree parchment scroll roller in a unique Eddie Pewter Ring

We truly apologies for the extremely expensive price! The BOX is quite heavy to ship and we will have to use UPS service to ship them domestically.

IRON MAIDEN - Eddie's Archive
Special Price: $95.00

http://shopping.netledger.com/app/si...1&it=A&id=3620

That box looks insane! Iron Maiden was my favorite band in the 80's.

Casket3D.jpg

FULL details about the set here : http://www.ironmaiden.com/ironmaiden...ews_090902.asp

Nov 27, 2002 at 12:11 PM Post #995 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Cool, but Dan "the Man" Swano plays drums for Bloodbath, Mike Akerfeldt (Opeth) does the vocals. Dan also produced most of Opeth's albums or the last three anyway.

Right, thanks - edited my post accordingly...

Nov 28, 2002 at 9:12 AM Post #996 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Rick
Have been comparing Opeth "deliverance/blackwater" and the more I listen they are very similar, I may have exaggerated the differences between the two. You may be right that "deliverance" is their best work, but right now I must give slight edge to "blackwater" ......I will continue my research. [/B]

I just got Deliverance and I had been listening to Blackwater Park, and I think Deliverance is just slightly better.

I guess with this post I contributed to the March to 1000 so that somebody can puke as they previously threatened
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 12:42 PM Post #997 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally posted by Kor
I just got Deliverance and I had been listening to Blackwater Park, and I think Deliverance is just slightly better.

I guess with this post I contributed to the March to 1000 so that somebody can puke as they previously threatened
smily_headphones1.gif

I continue my Opeth research, this week I listen to all albums again. Actually "still life" may have the most/longest acoustic passages, making it Opeth's most reflective album. What a consistently great body of work though from Orchid-Deliverance,
and they are still producing highest quality work........no sign of sell out yet.

Tim is just jealous that we don't post to his "death rock" thread, so he comes here to find new groups heh heh. Hey I got that new Siouxsie greatest hits but those nimrods sent me the 1cd version and not the 2cd version I ordered.

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:19 PM Post #998 of 1,001
LEIF EDLING - Demos & Outtakes 83-99 / T

This is a 22 track 2CD album containing demos and studio outtakes from the whole career of Candlemass' mainman Leif Edling, all the way from Nemesis to side project Abstrakt Algebra, to Candlemass.

CD 1

1. The king is dead (demo) - Nemesis 2. Burn the witch (demo) - Nemesis 3. Black messiah (demo) - Nemesis 4. Nemesis (previously unreleased demo) - Nemesis 5. Lucifer (previously unreleased demo) - Nemesis 6. Warchild (previously unreleased demo) - Candlemass 7. Crystal ball (demo) - Candlemass
8. Sorcerers pledge (demo) - Candlemass 9. Into the unfathomed tower (demo) - Candlemass 10. Demons gate (demo) - Candlemass 11. Black stone wielder (demo) – Candlemass

CD 2

1. Shadowplay (demo) - Abstrakt Algebra 2. Nameless (demo) - Abstrakt Algebra 3. Remulus and Romus (previously unreleased studio outtake) - Abstrakt Algebra 4. White heat/red hot (previously unreleased studio outtake) - Abstrakt Algebra 5. Blue wizard (previously unreleased studio outtake) - Abstrakt Algebra II 6. Thirst (previously unreleased studio outtake) - Abstrakt Algebra II 7. Venusian (previously unreleased studio outtake) - Candlemass II 8. Oil (Jap. bonus track) - Candlemass II 9. Rock'n'roll (7" b-side) - Candlemass II 10. Planet of the apes (previously unreleased) - Candlemass II
Bonus track: 11. Lucifer (Live) - Nemesis

VIRGIN BLACK - Sombre Romantic + Trance

LTD Edition version with "Trance EP" bonus CD!!

Virgin Black commence weaving their elegant music with subtly modulated strings, sparkling and glinting in the moonlight of their impassioned sound, the vocals enter - both agonized cries and deep, heartfelt calls towards the skies, infernal choirs and lone arias as if the singer was standing, lost, on a cliff on a windswept moor, facing only darkness and the spiraling vertigo of madness - and then the guitars launch into their grand procession, scorching waves of fire and gray lead-heavy veins of Gothic granite, a melancholy that spreads across the horizon until the grim march forward can no longer be denied. Bonebreaking rhythms, swiftly hit like sniper commands, the swirling wash of glass cymbals, and a snapping, St. Vitus's waltz begins, baroque in its ornamental brocade, bordering the sound and piercing it every half second in a lurching, grotesque danse macabre.

A truly astonishing release that would please those that enjoy Devil Doll, Sisters Of Mercy, Paradise Lost, Arcturus, Nick Cave, Enigma, etc...

TRACK LISTING:
“SOMBRE ROMANTIC”
Opera de Romanci
i. Stare
ii. Embrace
Walk Without Limbs
Of Your Beauty
Drink the Midnight Hymn
Museum of Iscariot
i. Stagnation
ii. Death
iii. Procession
Lamenting Kiss
Weep for Me
I Sleep with the Emperor
A Poet's Tears of Porcelain

“TRANCE” (Bonus CD)
Opera de Trance
A Saint is Weeping
Whispers of Dead Sisters
i. Sadness
ii. Angst
iii. Reflection

Check out a full song mo3 here : http://www.theendrecords.com/real_au...thoutLimbs.mp3

Dec 2, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #999 of 1,001
Lots of exciting and amazing news to report here :

My Dying Bride are back in studio
Doom-metal icons My Dying Bride have finished their European set of gigs and are back in their homeland where they have started the writing process for their next album. The release should be sometime in the summer of next year.

New Mael Mórdha: Irish folk Doom!
Irish Doom band Mael Mórdha have finished recording their new album entitled 'Caoineadh na nGaeil' (Lament for the Gaels). The album holds 3 songs, which can best be described as a mixture of Doom-metal with Classical music and traditional Irish folk, spanning 22 minutes. The track list is as follows: 'Pauper Of Souls', 'I Am The Wenches Bane (Parts 1 and 2)' and 'Caoineadh na nGaeil'. The band will support their latest offering with a tour!

Re-release of Funeral albums
Dragon Flight Doom will re-release the cult classic’s and very hard (if not simply impossible) to find Funeral albums 'Tragedies' and 'Tristesse' on one CD together with a few bonus tracks from the 'Beyond all sunsets' demo. The album will be limited to just 500 copies and include all new packaging. The album should be released somewhere in May/June of 2003.

Candlemass gig and DVD
Doom-metal legends Candlemass will play a gig in Stockholm, Sweden on December 12 to celebrate the release of their new double DVD. You can find the exact info in our tourdates section.

The DVD, 'Documents of Doom', will feature the Fryshuset gig from 1990, as well as an eighty minute documentary with a lot of backstage footage.

"Lifeblood flows down the rivers of sorrow
Love a distant dream we've left behind"
- Cathedral

http://doom-metal.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back