My Audio Fingerprint...
Apr 1, 2009 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AnAnalogSpirit

500+ Head-Fier
This is a Post regarding the Sleek Audio SA-6 IEM System.

They truly are a Marvel of the IEM world. They really do bring something to the party!!!

The VQ system is fun! it's modular, well thought out, accommodates Any Manner of Listener, and is quite detailed. Oh, and you may as well throw in "neutral" into the mix. As neutral in colour as the chrome that adorns them...

Quite a hefty endorsement, no? Well, I may be new to Head-Fi, but I'm Not new to IEMs. I've been playing that game since Etymotic only had ER*4-S models, and they cost north of $499 USD and required an amp to drive them, because your uber whimpy CD-player just wasn't going to cut the mustard.

We're in a Modern Renaissance of the In Ear Monitor, the Earphone, the Earspeaker, and In-Ear Transducer, and In-Ear Balanced Armature. Culmination? Probably the Sleek Audio SA-6.

Why? The VQ System. The colourless renditon of sound. It's almost too neutral for me... sometimes I need to grab my other IEMs... LOLZ...

Back to task... What else makes the VQ System so successful? Choice, Tunability. You can bass-weight or treble-weight or wideband these puppies (or felines/panthers) as YOU see fit. That's the beauty of it all.

You are given a Toolkit for Listening not simply listening to Music not just sound. sound is what comes out of the source, Audio is what comes out of the Device, but these IEMs are musical Instruments: they play Music to mate to the Instruments inside your skull; the natural drums {most} of us LUCKY humans get to enjoy naturally...

This Toolkit consists of the:

(+) Treble Stem (clear; grey filter packing)

(=) Treble Stem (clear; green filter packing)

(-) Treble Stem (clear; yellow filter packing)

(=) Bass Port Cap (flat, rubber cap @ outer end)

(-) Bass Port Cap (hole, rubber cap @ innner end)

(Medium) Silicone Dual Flange Sleeve

(Large) Silicone Dual Flange Sleeve

(Phone Wire Connector) this has a mic & answer button

(Wireless CD-Quality system) for wireless use

------------------------------------------------------
Then there are what I call the 'Essential Mods' which you can do without ruining your drivers.

The Bass Port Cap:
-----------------------------------------------------
the "Virtual ("++") Bass Port Cap":

The (+) Bass Port Cap with the Yellow Filter Packing removed.

Easy to accomplish with a toothpick. Just pops out. filter is the size of a rice grain.
the "Manually Ported ("+++") Bass Port Cap":

NOW I’ve thought of a good reason to have my “=” Bass Port Caps around: Modding…

Here’s the skinny, or is it pH@tty on SUPERporting the Sleek Audio SA-6:

BE VERY CAREFUL:

Use Scissors if you’re not a Super Careful Crafts Person, or have someone do this for you instead:

Take your “=” Bass Port Cap, and cut halfway up the back, through the rear of the tube. Then fold the tube out of the way, and cut the Rear of the Cap off, so you have only half of the cap wall left.

You should see a big half circle hole now when you look at your Bass Port Cap from the top.

You want to still have the “=” symbol remaining or you risk the newly modded cap not coming off your resonating chamber.

Do So AT YOUR OWN RISK.

OH, aftermarket Sleeves/Tips: Who can forget these?
I use Phonak Audeo Small Silicone Tips. They are the most comfortable fitting, and seal best. Also compared to the v-moda BLISS silicone: Just exemplary material for audio rendering. It shivers with the soundwaves better than the v-moda BLISS silicone material IMHO.

SO, my personal Audio Fingerprint

Sources: {Auzen X-Meridian w/ OPA627AU OP-AMPs :: COWON iAUDIO O2PMP} ---> Sleek Audio SA-6 System

SA-6 Config: {Audio Wire :: Drivers :: Modded "("+++") Bass Port Caps :: (-) OR (=) Treble Stems :: Phonak Audeo Small Silicone Sleeve Tips}

Killer Comfortable Combo!

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 5
Any pictures ?

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #3 of 5
...and will create and post them once I get moved into my new place and get internet set back up. !!! Thanks for the interest ;-}

Oct 31, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 5
Oops, sorry if the tone of my request wasn't right.

And Thanks, looking forward to the pictures
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 5
I just didn't have access to even an adequate cameraphone at the time of posting this, so I thank you for the interest, (seriously, THANK you! :) ) and it gives me a little photo project goal for Head-Fi...

Oh and you all may also be interested in my audio stuff at: Any Manner Of Things…

my primary blog... Any Manner Of Things

and for pretty or pretty weird pictures my photo blog at:

identede

entitled "identede".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back