Music hall turntables
Jun 5, 2002 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mackay maus

500+ Head-Fier
Hi folks;

Anyone one have comments on the Music hall series of turntables? Curious about the MH 2.1.

Hope everyone is enjoying the World Cup!

Thanks

Matthew

Jun 5, 2002 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 10
Hey Mackay,

the MMF 2.1 is a very good,very basic table.It is an excellent starting point and sounds great.they also resell very well and most dealers will eagerly take them as trades.shop for a price as they vary widely.i have seen them for as little as $210.00 and as much as full retail,$300.00.These tables also upgrade well to better cartridges.You won't be disappointed.

Jun 5, 2002 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 10
I agree all the way. I bought a 2.1 after not having a turntable for about 10-12 years and have not been disapointed. It's easy to set up and use, and vinyl sounds really vibrant coming from it.

Jun 5, 2002 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 10
Me three, or four or whatever. I've got one and have not regreted it for a minute, very good sound and easy setup.

Would really love to be able to get the 7. Maybe I'll win the lottery. Meanwhile, I think it will be hard to beat for the money.

Jun 5, 2002 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 10
Me three, or four or whatever. I've got one and have not regreted it for a minute, very good sound and easy setup.

Would really love to be able to get the 7. Maybe I'll win the lottery. Meanwhile, I think it will be hard to beat for the money.

Jun 7, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #8 of 10
I have the 5 and love it. The only down side for me was the Goldring cartridge, which wasn't fabulous to my ears. Of you have a cartridge, occasionally you can find a dealer who will sell it sans cartridge, but you don't save much.
That aside you can't go wrong with one of these and I think you'd have to spend over a kilobuck to improve on it.

Jun 8, 2002 at 8:54 PM Post #9 of 10
I have an MMF5. The cartridge, to me, is wonderful. Superior to similar Grado's, Shures, and ATs. The upgrades for cartridge and other features make the MMF5 a better buy. One weakness of the MMF5 is the stylus pressure built in guage. It is useless. No matter what you buy, get a separate stylus pressure guage, as the Shure brand one is about $22.

Jun 9, 2002 at 7:45 AM Post #10 of 10
I think in its price range the Goldring is a great cartridge. I upgraded to a SHure V15, which i find to be better in most ways. I didn't want to give the impression that the included cartridge was a dud, I just wanted better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back