Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Apr 24, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #1,171 of 1,174
If that's the only reason, try the high impedance adapter trick. You'll need 3.5mm extender along with it.

1. It's going to be like this first:
V30 -> 3.5mm extender -> high impedance adapter -> planar IEM
2. The high impedance mode will be enabled.
3. Remove the impedance adapter
4. Connect planar IEM to 3.5mm extender.
V30 -> 3.5mm extender -> planar IEM

I used to use this trick with FAAEAL 80 ohm 3.5mm impedance adapter from Amazon & KZ PR2.
Thanks. I have impedance adapters and have been aware of this trick, it's just a bit fidgety and was interested to hear about being able to check the DAC settings with this software approach 👍

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #1,172 of 1,174
Thanks. I have impedance adapters and have been aware of this trick, it's just a bit fidgety and was interested to hear about being able to check the DAC settings with this software approach 👍
I believe with the extender plugged in, the quad DAC on the V30 enters auxiliary mode as opposed to the high impedance mode (experienced when a high impedance iem/headphone is directly plugged into the jack of the V30). At least this is my experience.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #1,173 of 1,174
Yes, I was told that the true high impedance mode can be enabled in a hardware level only. Software tricks are just boosting the volumes up and may give you some distortions at the higher volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back