MSN Article "Audio nirvana under $1000.00
Jan 17, 2003 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 11
Interesting article, Jude posted a link over in the Member's Lounge. As someone else mentioned, it's nice to see Antique Sound Labs (Joe Lau, a Head-Fi member) getting some great press.

Gotta get me some Auricaps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 11
Yeah, I read about that over on audio asylum.

Maaan... tooo bad PSB Alphas don't like tubes very much.

Jan 18, 2003 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 11
This guy has published interesting stuff before. By the way, there's another suggested $1.000 dollar system similar to the one we have here, minus the player, that was posted some two years ago. It repeated the recommendation on the Wave AV8's, but using a stepped atenuator instead of a preamp. There are just too many options out there, but the AV8's seem to be a constant.

Jan 19, 2003 at 11:08 PM Post #8 of 11
I saw this website...interesting. I know that pinkfloyd has had great success replacing the capacitors in his X-Cans with audio grade caps. It makes sense to me that other components would find similar improvement.

I find this to be both interesting and unnerving. I'm about to do the upgrade on my X-Cans as well. If that works out well, I'll probably take a run at my DAC as well. Although there seems to be a significant benefit, I'm scared to death that I'm going to f%*# up a circuit board.

Jan 20, 2003 at 2:09 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
I saw this website...interesting. I know that pinkfloyd has had great success replacing the capacitors in his X-Cans with audio grade caps. It makes sense to me that other components would find similar improvement.

I find this to be both interesting and unnerving. I'm about to do the upgrade on my X-Cans as well. If that works out well, I'll probably take a run at my DAC as well. Although there seems to be a significant benefit, I'm scared to death that I'm going to f%*# up a circuit board.

Why don't you get someone to do it for you or at least guide you? That way you'll save yourself some time and perhaps money.

Jan 20, 2003 at 2:11 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
Why don't you get someone to do it for you or at least guide you? That way you'll save yourself some time and perhaps money.

I'm just as scared that somebody ELSE will do the same. Call it "**** always happens to me" syndrome.

mad.gif

Jan 20, 2003 at 7:43 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
I'm just as scared that somebody ELSE will do the same. Call it "**** always happens to me" syndrome.

mad.gif

Damn. I know what you're talking about. That's why I am a paranoid manic depressive most of the week. But seriously, if you are too worried about making a big mistake, then for sure you will make it. Working with a more experienced person will allow you to reduce the posibilities of making doo-doo a lot. Just keep in mind that, if something is meant to go wrong, it will go wrong, no matter what. And you should not feel bad about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back