Moving on from portable...
May 3, 2002 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All...

As good as my EJ1000/E905 are as CD Transports, I've finally plucked up the courage to plug my Marantz line out into my JMT, and it kicks total ass in my opinion, very spacious sounding, more volume than I could ever handle (9 o'clock is now TOO loud, compared to 2 o'clock with the PCDPs) and a VERY balanced sound...

I've been reliably informed that the JMT is virtually indistiguishable compared to the Creek OBH11 (not sure about the SE) so, my question to you is... What is the best headphone amp that is noticably (if possible???) better than the JMT, I don't really want tubes ~ I don't think I like the tubey sound, so i'm remaining SS if possible...

What models, cost bracket, and advantages can you guys offer me? ~ One concession, I want this amp for just the Sonys that I have, their ohmage... 12, 32 & 63... I'm not interested in partnering the prospective amp with my Senns (they are begining to gather dust
wink.gif
)

If you think that the JMT I have is more than capable... then tell me so, don't try and sell me a dud... As I see it there is absolutely NO problem with running the JMT full time through the line out of the CDP... but, ya never know
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 5
if you're just going to stay at home.. why not try one of the headroom amps? they have a model for each level of pricing you'd want to spend i'm sure..

May 5, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 5
Originally posted by Duncan

As good as my EJ1000/E905 are as CD Transports, I've finally plucked up the courage to plug my Marantz line out into my JMT, and it kicks total ass in my opinion, very spacious sounding, more volume than I could ever handle (9 o'clock is now TOO loud, compared to 2 o'clock with the PCDPs) and a VERY balanced sound...

I've been reliably informed that the JMT is virtually indistiguishable compared to the Creek OBH11 (not sure about the SE) so, my question to you is... What is the best headphone amp that is noticably (if possible???) better than the JMT, I don't really want tubes ~ I don't think I like the tubey sound, so i'm remaining SS if possible...

Is that a JMT CMOY or a CHA47?

Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back