Most anticipated headphone release of 2024?
Apr 13, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #20 of 23
Huhntech Zabilion 5D Satellite Driver over ear, kinda like the RAAL SR1 but multiple free floating drivers, like a portable Atmos setup. The prototype almost hanged the designer when the mini sub's power flipped him backwards during a huge 22hz spike so release postponed to autumn most likely

Fostex TOTL projected for end of 2024, over 2k

Pharsalus Piezo Hybrid PlasmatechPlanar, emits gas during max tension so unclear if it gets through certification.

Herzakon Bioplasmid Microcellular Level Diaphragm, like biocellulose but way stiffer and yet lighter, extracted from amazonian frog backs.

Hifiman 's high sensivity Susvara replacement filling the void in the upper price bracket.
There is no void in the upper price bracket.

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #21 of 23
anticipating audio gear that much what

what progression can be expected from 2023 to 2024 other than increasing prices for inflation and new daring trends of testing the resolve of audiophile wallets

how much progress in transducers has been made since planars and electrostats of the 70s and 80s for example

your question may be better for the audiophiles of summit-fi who are on the bleeding edge of technology that bleeds wallets dry for miniscule gains
A realist. Well done.

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #22 of 23
I couldn't agree more with the point above. Headphone prices are soaring insanely these days, and tbh, I feel the issue is even more severe over those iems.
That's why I'm looking forward to STAX's X1000, at least in terms of pricing, it seems reasonable.

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #23 of 23
Don't bite your nails waiting for headphones. Use scissors or nail clippers. Much healthier.

I'm mostly waiting for the Stax SR-X1 to see if Stax can actually tune a headphone.

I mean, we've had the answer over the last 20 years, but I refuse to learn.
The Alpha/Gamma Pro vintage small round driver models are some of my favourites and I've always wondered if Stax would bring them back. Indulging myself with just a bit of cautious optimism.

Reference Tyll's measurements, especially the one with Yaxi pads: https://www.stereophile.com/content/innerfidelity-headphone-measurements

alpha1.jpg

alpha2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back