More Greatest Hits CDs Coming Soon
Oct 11, 2002 at 6:07 AM Post #16 of 27
There was also the Sound + Vision box set from ...'89, was it? That was pretty good...I'm going to have to pull that out...I wonder where it went...

Oct 11, 2002 at 7:48 AM Post #17 of 27
I have the limited edition of the 2 CD Bowie singles set -- it has a bonus CD single of Bowie and Bing Crosby singing "Peace On Earth/The Little Drummer Boy"
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 1:47 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
the nirvana comp is scheduled for uk release on november 11th.

Looks like 11/12 release here in USA, but have seen no confirmation yet at online music store, here is news story:

Nirvana

Oct 16, 2002 at 12:22 AM Post #23 of 27
OK got the Fleetwood Mac 2CD greatest hits set today at Best Buy, $15.99 and this is a remastered set! The packaging/graphics are really sweet. This expands considerably on the 1CD greatest hits previously released which I own, for the price of a single CD what are you waiting for..............buy this you fools!

Also got the new single CD 21 track INXS greatest hits today even though I have the older 16 track version, $11.99 also at Best Buy.

Got a couple more to get next Tuesday.
cool.gif

Oct 16, 2002 at 2:02 AM Post #24 of 27
Really, the new Fleetwood Mac is re-mastered? Sweet, I didn't think it was. How's the sound quality?

Oct 16, 2002 at 11:41 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Really, the new Fleetwood Mac is re-mastered? Sweet, I didn't think it was. How's the sound quality?

The remaster is OK but not great like a Bob Ludwig job, I was hoping for better results. The 2nd CD has 19 tracks but 5-6 are weak tracks since it has some of their newer work.

Oct 17, 2002 at 11:55 AM Post #26 of 27
Well sold my new Fleetwood Mac Very Best Of at half.com (in 2hrs for $2 less than I paid new) after comparing to old CDs I started liking new release less and less. I finally came to the conclusion that the old CDs actually sounded better to me over all, so I had to sell while demand was high.

This can happen, but I'd say 9 out of 10 times the new remasters will be superior to old CDs, especially any ones made in the last few years. I have had to sell a couple other unsuccessful remasters in the past.

My next purchase is 10/22 the Black Sabbath 2 CD greatest hits collection

Oct 17, 2002 at 12:45 PM Post #27 of 27
Its Official Nirvana Release Date
Tower records now has release date of 10/29 for 14 track remastered greatest hits CD, initial price of $11.99!

Too bad they don't have 16-20 tracks, I'm sure there's plenty of room on the CD
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back