Montreal Head-Fi Meet 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2017 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JackTheRipper

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys!

Let's just say that in 2015 (I think) I hosted a rather unpopular Head-Fi meet since it was at the last minute that the place was decided. In the end, on @Mike_TNT and @PretentiousFood ended showing up, but we still had a blast.
@PretentiousFood brought us 2 high-end, handmade by himself Amplifiers with some Stax and some Sennheiser HD600 (or HD650s...I forget...). But since then, I haven't heard anything that compares to the Sennheiser and his own assembled Torpedo amp (I think...). Still trying to save enough for a setup similar to that...
We were only 3, but we got to spend a ton of time each on the Stax and the Sennheiser setups which was really cool and I'm guessing couldn't of been possible if we were 10-15 or 20 people...

Even though I now live in Montreal, I still have access to the free Poker room we reserved in Brossard. I know how hard it is to find a place that is not too expensive to accommodate us, which is why I'm still offering my free place, which could fit a good 15-20 people, and tables and chairs are mostly sufficient, unless we end up being over 15 or 20 people, then, more chairs might be needed, and depending on the number of people bringing amps or other items requiring space on a table, another small table or 2 might be needed. But it ALL depends on how many people are coming and how much equipment everyone is bringing.

Hope we can arrange a successful meeting this time!

P.S: If Brossard is selected, I'll be making the trip as well, so if you are worried of not finding your way, we could come up with a station to meet at (Berri-Uqam for example) and all leave together and I'll be your "guide" hehe

Cheers and hope to see you guys and gals there!
JackTheRipper

Here's a pic of the last meet I hosted: (The only one I can find, but aside from the Sennheiser HD600, this was the main attraction. Right: Torpedo based Tube amp and Left: another incredible amp made to drive STAX, both were made by @PretentiousFood, and both were an incredible listening experience, though the pairing of the HD6XX and that tube amp really made me rev-think my budget and whether or not food for the whole year was really essential for life, and shell out the ~2000$ for a similar setup and just live from the music? Or at least die in a rush of audiogasm LOL)
20150830_162119.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back