Monster Ncredible NPulse vs Sound Magic HP100?
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Falcon29

New Head-Fier
Okay, I created a thread but it didn't upload due to me including a link. So I will repeat this again.

To start off, I come from Sony mdr xb500's, they were the first over ear headphones I ever used and first quality ones. Before that I used garbage in ear headphones. I have had the Sony's for three or more years now, I enjoyed them but they are starting to detoriate. So I want a new upgrade that will impress me. And I've been viewing this thread for some time before I joined, by the impressions I seen here. For around 200$ the best sounding headphones would be the Sound Magic Hp100's.

However, I use an mobile device which is tuned. The HTC M8 that is, and I heard that affects the sound quality of SounMagic's, I'm no expert though. So I noticed Monster Ncredible Npulse's had some good reviews and the build quality seems decent. On Amazon they are 131$ currently. Are they same ones that I would get if purchased from Monster's website? I don't want lower quality ones.

I mostly listen to dance, rap, hip hop, and techno. I don't listen to metal, rock or country. So I want clear sound but impressive sound as well with decent bass. I want to enjoy my music. I do not care for isolation, I listen indoors. And build quality is important to me. But, sound quality matters as well. I want something that will blow my previous headphones out of water. But, also get the best I can get for under 250$.

So what do people recommend here? Are the Sound Magic's the best there is at this price range or will those Monsters suit my needs? Or anything better than that? Just please something that will offer great value and not something that friends recommend such as Beats or Sol republics.

Thanks.

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 5
If you're listening at home, consider open backed headphones. The SoundMAGIC HP200, for instance.

Or with your genres, add $50 and get the HE-400, you will not regret it. These were made for dance music and rap.

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 5
  If you're listening at home, consider open backed headphones. The SoundMAGIC HP200, for instance.

Or with your genres, add $50 and get the HE-400, you will not regret it. These were made for dance music and rap.

Thank you for responding. Yes that was a double post because a mod approved this one later. So you recommend considering my tuned mobile device and music genres that I go with that the HP200? Even over other headphones?

Could you summarize in simple terms the difference between open backed and closed? I might not mind closed back ones.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #4 of 5
Sorry I'm off home now, but you will find the answer to the open/closed question here somewhere, it's one of those questions which is often asked. In short, open is better but you can't go on the bus wearing them.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks Steve, I did look it up and will go with closed headphones due to having siblings in my environment. I use to them to view videos and movies as well.

I hope someone hear has tried either of these and what do they recommend I shall go with? I'm getting impatient and want to make an order. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back