Monster Hunter World
Mar 7, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #47 of 59
Has anyone unlocked augmentation yet? Im a bit confused as to how to get to that point in the game.Ive been doing tempered quests,from easy ones to elder dragons and I havent been able to unlock that part yet.

EDIT: Finally got one to drop after slaying a tempered Vaal Hazak,unfortunately it wasnt for my weapon of choice.

The grind is real.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #49 of 59
Having not actually tried using the horn myself,I have read its not much for doing DPS,but each time Ive ran into a horn in-game we always seem to get stuff done,and much easier too.

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #51 of 59
Oh wow, didn't know there was a MHW thread from Head-Fi.

I'm a MH Vet, been playing MH since PS2 back in 2004. Been hooked since.

I'm currently at HR100 in MHW on my PS4 Pro, unlocked Augmentations and I play everyday with my Brother and my cousins.

I use every weapon except Hunting Horn and Dual Blades.

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #52 of 59
Question for the group. I've been using bow pretty much exclusively with the occasional tinkering with long sword, but I'm contemplating toying around with hunting horn and lance. I like the idea of being party support or an unbreakable wall. Any tips?

The buffs from HH isn't really much help. You'd do more if you actually attack the monster more with something other than the HH. Lance is my Fav in MHW, it's been a favorite since the original MH.

I think you should try out the Lance, its very mobile compared to the GunLance and you will survive longer if you know how to manage your Stamina.

Jul 8, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #55 of 59
I started using the Insect Glaive yesterday...apparently theres more to this weapon than simply clipping under the monster and mashing the o button...Who knew?! :)

Any other weapon suggestions?
Yep...I started with the speedy dual sword option and found it difficult. Switched to the Insect Glaive and the game suddenly became much easier. Was advised to do so by my nephew who is a MH pro. I'm still a MH noob, but the glaive seems to be the way to go. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back