Monoprice finally delivered my M1070's!
Mar 26, 2023 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bebopdeluxe

New Head-Fier
So, I had been waiting for some time for Monoprice to ship the M1070's I ordered a couple of weeks ago for only $175. At that price, I figured it was worth a try. The concern rose when they took like 10 days to ship them out - there were also reports of cancellations of orders for the M1570C that they were blowing out for $210 (now a 6-month back-order). So, I was concerned that there were bigger issues at Monoprice....but I got the M1070's today!

I have a very simple rig - SMSL Sanskrit 10th Anniversary mkII -- Monolith Liquid Spark -- AKG K701 or M1070

The AKG's - which I primarily used for mixing music at home - are a nice set of cans. Very neutral with a nice soundstage. However, I felt they lacked some "junk in the trunk", and I wanted to try an inexpensive set of planars to see what the difference was/is. Based on my early listening, there is so much more bass and midbass out of the M1070's than the 701's, which I am really digging. I may consider trying to get some EQ into the chain - any low-cost suggestions?

The entire cost of my rig was like $365 (amp, DAC and 1070's), and I think that it is a pretty good price/value setup that (for now at least) scratches the itch. I don't know if the 1070's are worth $350 - which is what they were selling at before the sale - but for 50% of that price, it feels like I am getting my money's worth.

Now to spend some time on the forums about low-cost EQ solutions...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back