Monarchy DIP Combo (was "Classic" - impressions pg. 2)
Oct 11, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #31 of 34
Not yet, but It's still on my radar, especially now that I'm using a Sonos zone player as transport and the Valab SPDIF input is not as good as the USB.
Your impressions seem to match other people's, with a clear and audible benefit. 

I'd be happy with a used one, so if you'll ever decide do sell it send me a PM :)

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:
Not yet, but It's still on my radar, especially now that I'm using a Sonos zone player as transport and the Valab SPDIF input is not as good as the USB.
Your impressions seem to match other people's, with a clear and audible benefit. 

I'd be happy with a used one, so if you'll ever decide do sell it send me a PM :)

You know, I had totally forgotten about this thread, lol.  It took me reading this again to remember what I liked about it, and what impressions I had, because it's been in the chain for so long.  I'm going to play around and A/B without in in the system to see if what I said still rings true.  And I'll keep you in mind if I ever do decide to sell, lol...

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #33 of 34
All sounded good,
I'm looking to buy one of these also and think i'll take a chance.
I'm going to use it from a pc based system using the spdif coax fro an Asus Xonars Essence ST sound card.
This also is powered buy an independent molex connector inside the pc.
So i am going to build a new clean offboard power supply to it also.
I've got in to headfi quite a bit this year and have just got some beyerdynamic T1 Headphones......

Jun 29, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #34 of 34
Is it worth as a Toslink to AES converter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back