Modular cable systems (Hart Audio and others ?)
Mar 25, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #32 of 37
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but for people who use modular systems like Hart (or just an adapter at the end of their headphone cable), what's it like when using a portable source like a DAP?

Are the connectors heavy enough that they get in the way? Do they ever disconnect by accident when walking around?

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #33 of 37
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but for people who use modular systems like Hart (or just an adapter at the end of their headphone cable), what's it like when using a portable source like a DAP?

Are the connectors heavy enough that they get in the way? Do they ever disconnect by accident when walking around?
I have a Hart cable and use it with my AK SE180. The adapters make no real difference to the portability. I'm using them with a set of CA Cascades, though. Not IEMs. But I use them walking to work and back home (30 mins each way) and have no problems at all. The modular cables are really convenient. I switch to the 3.5mm adapter when using my laptop, watch a show, etc.

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #34 of 37
I have a Hart cable and use it with my AK SE180. The adapters make no real difference to the portability. I'm using them with a set of CA Cascades, though. Not IEMs. But I use them walking to work and back home (30 mins each way) and have no problems at all. The modular cables are really convenient. I switch to the 3.5mm adapter when using my laptop, watch a show, etc.
+1 for Harts with LCD-X. I only use at home but it’s 8 feet long and gives me more mobility while listening in my office. It does NOT elevate or impact SQ to my ears.

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #35 of 37
I've got Hart Cables for my Fostex TH610 and Senn HD650. I think they're great; especially if you like to mix and match different hps and sources like I do. I can, and do, use either heaphone with a 4.4, 2.5, or 3.5 connector depending on what device I want to fire up.

Another thing I like about Hart is that their marketing is all about ergonomics and versatility, not about sound. Because, cables.

Nov 27, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #36 of 37
Think Audioverse in Germany makes Customcables too, but is more of a boutique aproach if im not mistaken.
So youll have to pay more and dont know if he has such a nice interconnect System like Hart Audio Cables :wink:
I have now had 2 cables made by Audioverse. The plugs are of much higher quality than the cables from Hart-Audio-Cable and also correspond to the standard, which I would not like to claim with HAC. The jack plugs from HAC are very difficult to fit into the sockets, both on the Phonitor and the jack extension from Inakustik. In contrast, the plugs from Neutrik, which Audioverse uses, slip into the sockets like butter.

Nov 27, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #37 of 37
Cool.
I have now had 2 cables made by Audioverse. The plugs are of much higher quality than the cables from Hart-Audio-Cable and also correspond to the standard, which I would not like to claim with HAC. The jack plugs from HAC are very difficult to fit into the sockets, both on the Phonitor and the jack extension from Inakustik. In contrast, the plugs from Neutrik, which Audioverse uses, slip into the sockets like butter.
Cool. Zero issues with Hart here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back