Mod-Wright Mods - How Much Better?
Feb 26, 2003 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Hi there folks:

I'm getting ready to do another round of upgrades, and I'm thinking that I'd like to get the Mod-Wright Level II mods on my Link DAC II. I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who has had mods done on ANY equipment (although I'm particularly interested in anyone who has had a Link DAC modded by Mod-Wright).

Feb 26, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Feb 26, 2003 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 4
I had Dan do a full bore everything including the kitchen sink mod to my Pioneer 38a and it is a great unit. I had full standalone and transport mods done as well as the Bybees put in. I posted my impressions of the new unit up on the ModWright forum at www.harmonicdiscord.com. I think it's been about a year now and I am still very happy with my investment (it was a little over a grand). I have upgraded my preamp since those impressions were posted and the Pioneer just improved right along with it.

I can't imagine ever parting with my Pioneer, even when I eventually get a newer player I'm keeping this one till they pry my cold dead fingers off it!

Greg

Feb 26, 2003 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 4
I had great results (he modified a Sony SACDP for me) and reco him to anyone. Biggest problem is that he's become so popular, it will take you weeks and weeks to get your gear back. There's a thread here somewhere where an audiophile society did a shoot-out between mod-ed and un-mod-ed units in blind A/B tests and the differences for them were obvious. Worth digging up if Doug didn't already in those links.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back