Mobile Safari crashes alot...
Jan 2, 2012 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Kobra

100+ Head-Fier
I've noticed that mobile Safari on my iPad 2 crashes quite often when browsing the forums. Don't know if it's because of the ads in the right column, but I do suspect it...

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 12
I've tried Atomic browser and it doesn't crash.

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 12
First thing I did As it happened the first time was to close any background app and then restart the iPad. It didn't help. Sometimes I can browse for a long time, other times it crashes instantly...

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 12
Same thing happens to my ipod touch. I even reset it multiple times. My ipod nano also kept having to be reset. And now my Classic is making funny noises, but maybe that is just normal. 

I thought Apple products were supposed to have good reliability. What?!?!

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #6 of 12
These crashes has nothing to do with Apple. I suspect the Google ads is the culprit...

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 12
Yep, it occurs all the time to me. I thought apple was supposed to be better then the competition. My android tablet never crashes.

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #9 of 12
I also experience frequent browser crashes using Safari on iDevices. Especially annoying in the middle of a long post or reply. I'll try Atomic as well.

I am not certain it's related to the Google ads, as I've only encountered it on Head-Fi.

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #11 of 12
I just bought Atomic and unfortunately the crashes appear to be just as prevalent. The browser is the only app running - nothing else is backgrounded.

Head-Fi works with Tapatalk? I'll investigate further as I thought it didn't. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #12 of 12
I just installed Tapatalk HD on my iPad. It looks promising. Unfortunately it doesn't support the subscribed threads, but it beats the constant crashing :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back