Miu-Audio is giving out MR2-PRO earphone for free
Apr 15, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #91 of 98
"Please join me in the list"

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #93 of 98
I just got the MR2pro, initial impression:

If I were to find it's headphone cousin, it would be the ATH-M50 (that I din't like either). The MR2pro is like a lower quality M50, ie. the typical cheap closed headphone.

Similar wooly bass but more uncontrolled, unclear lower mids, attenuated but still a little bit harsh highs. Voices sound good though.
Soundstage has depth but it's narrow. Let's hope the burn-in will help. :)

If someone knows what tip I can put on it to lower/tighten the bass, increase the isolation and maybe open up the mids a little bit ... please tell me. I use the small tips.

May 11, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #94 of 98

Quote:
I just got the MR2pro, initial impression:

If I were to find it's headphone cousin, it would be the ATH-M50 (that I din't like either). The MR2pro is like a lower quality M50, ie. the typical cheap closed headphone.

Similar wooly bass but more uncontrolled, unclear lower mids, attenuated but still a little bit harsh highs. Voices sound good though.
Soundstage has depth but it's narrow. Let's hope the burn-in will help. :)

If someone knows what tip I can put on it to lower/tighten the bass, increase the isolation and maybe open up the mids a little bit ... please tell me. I use the small tips.

That's what I got out of these IEMs.  Coming off the RE0/RE262 I found the bass and low mids to be a bit "bloated."  Highs I found to be very soft, not as crisp as I would like, quite pleasant.  Haven't burned them in but for an entry level IEM they are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back