Missing alerts for subscribed threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2017 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

trybeingarun

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not sure if this's asked before, but I am not getting alerts whenever someone adds new posts to the threads I've subscribed to. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anyway to fix it?

Jul 17, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 9
Yes I have the same problem it was fixed a bit ago but looks like it is messed up again.

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #6 of 9
Jul 18, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #7 of 9
Please clarify, when you state alerts do you mean email notifications? With XenForo, an alert is the little flag icon in the top right and an email notification is self explanatory. Music Alchemist linked the two places where you can adjust preferences above (Thanks MA). We're currently testing some ideas on how we can improve the email notifications that are sent out. Currently, when you are setup to receive an email notification, you'll receive one for the first unread post in a thread and you won't receive any more until you visit that thread. We received feedback that some liked this and some don't, so we're looking into additional options to give everyone more control over how they're contacted and how frequently.

(Thanks for the tag monsterzero)

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #8 of 9
I‘ve noticed this as well.

I‘m subscribed to a number of threads, but I don‘t always get notifications in that little flag menu on certain threads.

i can‘t quite pin it down as to why not. There are two potential possibilities that come to mind. Either I haven‘t posted to a subscribed thread in some time, which is the case with me and the main Mojo thread, or I ignore the flag menu alerts and go straight to subscribed threads without clicking on the flag menu.

That said I do still get notified of quotes and likes regardless.

For me it‘s not a big deal as I tend to use the subscribed threads option. However I can see that if the flag menu alerts are linked to email alerts then some people may possibly be missing updates.

Jul 18, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 9
I‘ve noticed this as well.

I‘m subscribed to a number of threads, but I don‘t always get notifications in that little flag menu on certain threads.

i can‘t quite pin it down as to why not. There are two potential possibilities that come to mind. Either I haven‘t posted to a subscribed thread in some time, which is the case with me and the main Mojo thread, or I ignore the flag menu alerts and go straight to subscribed threads without clicking on the flag menu.

That said I do still get notified of quotes and likes regardless.

For me it‘s not a big deal as I tend to use the subscribed threads option. However I can see that if the flag menu alerts are linked to email alerts then some people may possibly be missing updates.

As far as I can tell, you only get notified of the first new post since you last looked at a subscribed thread - any subsequent posts are not notified, until you go and look at the thread again, at which point the first post after that is notified, and so on. Could be wrong, but that appears to be the way it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back