Minneapolis/Minnesota get together
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jjpresturd

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've frequented Head-Fi for the better part of a year now, reading, reading, and reading in my spare time. I'm a student at the University of Minnesota, something of a super senior here. As is appropriate, as a student I have bigger troubles than many in accumulating any wallet cushion when it comes to audio equipment!

I've owned a number of headphones, but am really stuck right now with my HD598s, which are prime, but I am definitely seeking more.

Unfortunately, I was in Vegas during the most previous Minneapolis meet -- I believe it was on June 7th -- and am loath to have missed the opportunity to try out some of the gear that I so long have read about. The reason for this forum post, therefore, is to see if it is appropriate to ask anyone who has gear and enjoys sharing the experience with others to meet up with me.

I'm not sure if it is appropriate, and I know more meets will come about, but darn am I eager to at least hear SOMETHING of what I've been reading about and plotting all of my expenditures on in the future. At any rate, I'd be flexible in driving, group hang outs (if more than one of us would want to congregate?), grabbing a beer after, etc. etc.

I don't have much to offer... at this point, I just thought I would ask! Let me know if I am off track.

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #2 of 2
  Hi all,

I've frequented Head-Fi for the better part of a year now, reading, reading, and reading in my spare time. I'm a student at the University of Minnesota, something of a super senior here. As is appropriate, as a student I have bigger troubles than many in accumulating any wallet cushion when it comes to audio equipment!

I've owned a number of headphones, but am really stuck right now with my HD598s, which are prime, but I am definitely seeking more.

Unfortunately, I was in Vegas during the most previous Minneapolis meet -- I believe it was on June 7th -- and am loath to have missed the opportunity to try out some of the gear that I so long have read about. The reason for this forum post, therefore, is to see if it is appropriate to ask anyone who has gear and enjoys sharing the experience with others to meet up with me.

I'm not sure if it is appropriate, and I know more meets will come about, but darn am I eager to at least hear SOMETHING of what I've been reading about and plotting all of my expenditures on in the future. At any rate, I'd be flexible in driving, group hang outs (if more than one of us would want to congregate?), grabbing a beer after, etc. etc.

I don't have much to offer... at this point, I just thought I would ask! Let me know if I am off track.

Yup hit me up... gear is in my profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back