Mini-Review: HeadAmp KGSS vs Blue Hawaii SE
Nov 28, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #121 of 130
Modified 727 is indeed a good bet and would sell in moments should you ever need to do so. 

As for Headamp making a HV, I think it is just too early to tell since he's swamped with BHSE orders.  The KGSS was discontinued since it didn't represent the current product lineup (Lansing Graybox and all that) but a HV would mean a substantial increase in price, just due to the very expensive chassis plus the complicated PSU. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #123 of 130

Quote:
Read the RMAF thread for impressions on the prototype LL.  It received favorable impressions pretty unanimously.  The two comments I took away from the impressions was that the LL was a bit more exciting than the BHSE, and the BHSE lets you hear deeper into the music (so probably better detail retrieval).

I wouldn't place too much stock in impressions this early, given how the amp will probably receive further revisions, and I think, for a really fair assessment of a component, you need to have it in your listening system for an extended period of time.  A lot of it will probably depend on your preferred form of presentation.

I'm looking forward to hearing a LL, and from the early impressions, it seems like a solid choice for people who like the sound state sound, or don't want to deal with tubes.

Well, I guess I just have to wait a few months and see whether I want to go for a LL or 727 modified (or perhaps just loose patience and order a BHSE!).
Thank you.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #124 of 130

Quote:
Spritzer, how much do you think it might cost me if I were to decide to have the 727 modified? Also, do you know someone in NYC who could eventually do it for me?

I would think the cost would be very minimal. Somebody with an electronics background that's good with a soldering iron should be able to do the mod for you in little time, and I don't think the PSU re-wire (necessary only with the imported 727A) was a big deal either. I'm sure there are more than a few guys in NYC who work on audio electronics. Losing patience and opting for a BHSE is a bit of a contradiction. You could take an electronics class and learn how to mod the 727 yourself faster than you'd receive your BHSE
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #125 of 130
Quote:
Spritzer, how much do you think it might cost me if I were to decide to have the 727 modified? Also, do you know someone in NYC who could eventually do it for me?

I know of 2 people in the NYC area who'd be handy with that kind of thing - Kerry and nikongod (who've both built some awesome amps).

As the thread starter I also want to interrupt the recent convo and request that it be taken to either a new thread or PM. Please keep this thread to stuff directly related to the first post.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #126 of 130

Quote:
I know of 2 people in the NYC area who'd be handy with that kind of thing - Kerry and nikongod (who've both built some awesome amps).

As the thread starter I also want to interrupt the recent convo and request that it be taken to either a new thread or PM. Please keep this thread to stuff directly related to the first post.

My apologies for hi-jacking -- I am the only culprit! 
I will shut up from now on. Thank you to everyone! 

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #127 of 130

Quote:

They are the first two who came up in my mind as well.  Truly the nicest people in the world and very talented. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back