Mini-Meet and Tour at MrSpeakers, San Diego, Saturday May 9, 12-5PM
May 9, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #61 of 65
Thank you Dan. The beer was excellent and the pizza was good even though I already had lunch. I was impressed at how well matched the drivers were, especially given the variations sent out from Fostex. Also thank you for correcting the issue we found with my headphones. Didn't know the first iteration was before the in-house painting, but even faulty the only problem was the 1db difference in the bass and slightly more THD than the corrected Alpha Dog. Oh well, enjoying my new Alpha Dogs just as much as my old ones 
smily_headphones1.gif

edit:: On a side note I am listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson through my Theta DAC and Asgard 2.. IMO it kicks the Gungnir and Cavalli Carbon to the curb in analog smoothness and soundstage.. maybe not punch and dynamics.. I thought the balanced output of the Cavalli Carbon was impressive but also very sensitive, was harder to get to the sweet spot with the balanced output. The single-ended knob had volume play more like the Asgard 2.. pretty sure we were using high gain the whole time.

However.. Dan's WA5 + Yggdrasil + Ether = end game rig of end game rigs

May 9, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #62 of 65
Thanks Dan, for opening your doors and allowing us to hang for a few hours. The Ether's are flat out amazing!!

May 10, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #63 of 65
Thanks to everyone for coming by, it was fun for us too!

Someone want to start an impressions thread? If so , please post the link then we will lock this thread....

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back